Perubahan Kualitas Hidup Lansia (WHOQOL-BREF) Sebelum dan Sesudah Intervensi untuk Meningkatkan Kadar Hidrasi Kulit di STW Cibubur
Keywords:quality of life, dry skin, the elderly
A common health problem in elderly skin is dryness and itchiness. This influences the quality of life of the elderly. This study aimed to determine changes in the quality of life of the elderly holistically after an intervention to increase skin hydration. The study was conducted at STW RIA Pembangunan Orphanage in Cibubur in September 2019. This study used a quasi-experimental approach and used a WHOQOL-BREF questionnaire. This instrument was used to determine the quality of life, covering four domains such as physical health, psychology, social relations and the environment. Paired T-Test was used as statistical analysis with Wilcoxon as an alternative test. Results showed significant changes in the results of 13 out of 26 questions in WHOQOL-BREF after interventions (Q1, Q2, Q10, Q15, Q16, Q5, Q6, Q11, Q19, Q26, Q23, and Q24) at a p-value <0.05. The present study also observed an increase in all WHOQOL-BREF domain values (p-value <0.05). It can be concluded that there were significant changes in the total value in all domains between before and after interventions to increase skin hydration status (p-value <0.05).
2. 2014 Population Data Sheet. Population reference bureau.: Diambil dari http://www.prb.org/pdf14/2014-world-population-data-sheet_eng.pdf pada tanggal 5 September 2015.
3. The World Bank. Total population (In Number of People): Diambil dari http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.POP.TOTL/countries?display=graph pada tanggal 06 Agustus 2019.
4. Wolff K GLKSGBPALD. Fitzpatrick’s dermatology in general medicine. Ed 7. : McGraw Hill Professional; 2007: 383–6.
5. Robinson M VMLAWR. Natural moisturizing factors (NMF) in the stratum corneum (SC). I. Effects of lipid extraction and soaking. J Cosmet Sci.; 2010 Jan-Feb;61(1):13-22.
6. Farzianpour F, Hosseini S, Rostami M, Pordanjani SB, Hosseini S. Quality of life of the elderly residents. Am J Applied Sci. 2012;9(1):71-4.
7. Nejati V, Shirinbayan P, Akbari A, Foroughan M, Taheri P, Sheikhvatan M. Quality of life in elderly people in Kashan, Iran. Middle East J Age Ageing. 2008;5(2):21-5.
8. Farage M, Miller K, Sherman S, Tsevat J. Assessing quality of life in older adult patients with skin disorders. Glob J Health Sci. 2012 March; 4(2):119-31.
9. EF WC, M R. Dry skin in the elderly: complexities of a common problem. Clin Dermatol. 2011 January; 29(1):37-42.
10. Shah M, Coates M. An assessment of the quality of life in older patients with skin disease. Br J Dermatol. 2006 Jan; 154(1):150-3.
11. Tejada C, Sassi R, Almeida H, Figuiredo P, Tejada V. Impact on the quality of life of dermatological patients in southern Brazil. An. Bras. Dermatol. 2011 December; 86(6).
12. Brown A, Gabriel Z. Lay theories of quality of life in older age. Ageing and Society. 2007; 27(6):827-48.
13. Balp MM, Vietri J, Tian H, Isherwood G. The Impact of chronic urticaria from the patient’s perspective: A Survey in five european countries. Patient. 2015; 8:551-8.
14. Moller AH, Erntoft S, Vinding GR, Jemec GB. A systematic literature review to compare quality of life in psoriasis with other chronic diseases using EQ-5D-derived utility values. Patient Relat. Outcome Meas. 2015;6:167-77.
15. Yang Y, Brazier J, Longworth L. EQ-5D in skin conditions: An assessment of validity and responsiveness. Eur. J. Health Econ. 2015;16:927-39.
16. Reich K, Segaert S, Van de Kerkhof P, Durian C, Boussuge MP, Paolozzi L, et al. Once-weekly administration of etanercept 50 mg improves patient-reported outcomes in patients with moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis. Dermatology. 2009;219:239-49.
17. Hrehorow E, Salomon J, Matusiak L, Reich A, Szepietowski JC. Patients with psoriasis feel stigmatized. Acta Derm. Venereol. 2012;92:67-72.
18. Nguyen S, Nguyen L, Vu G, Nguyen C, Le T, Tran B, et al. Health-related quality of life impairment among patients with different skin diseases in Vietnam: A Cross-sectional study. Int J. Environ. Res. Public Health. 2019;16:305-15.
19. Helgeson V. Social support and quality of life. Quality of life research. 2003;12(1):25-31.
20. Wootton C, Bell S, Philavanh A, Phommachack K, Soukavong M, Walker S. Assessing skin disease and associated health-related quality of life in a rural Lao community. BMC Dermatology. 2018;18(11).